Skip to main content

Egg & Cheese Lasagna.

Ingredients

Eggs
4 (boiled)
White sauce
1-2 cups
Salt and pepper
To taste
Cheddar cheese
As needed
Mozzarella cheese
As needed
Lasagna strips
As needed
Thyme
A pinch
Rosemary leaves
A pinch
Oregano
¼ tsp

Method

First, boil the lasagna strips and set them aside (run cold water on them after draining; they won't stick together). Then boil the eggs and cut them however you like. Make the white sauce (http://www.bhookay.blogspot.com/search/label/sauce - ingredients and method for the sauce). Spread a light layer of the sauce on the bottom of the dish you plan to use in the oven. Then start building the layers: first the lasagna strips, then the sauce, the eggs, the two cheeses, black pepper and finally the herbs. For the last layer: lasagna strips, sauce, cheeses and black pepper. Limit the eggs to only two layers, so the third will come out looking smooth with no lumpy filling. Bake on 250 degrees centigrade for 20-25 mins. Turn off the heat when the sauce starts bubbling or the top starts to turn golden brown. Let it sit in the oven for 5 mins, then take out and serve hot. 

Note: This is really, really full of cheese. Only have it if you're in the mood for a filling cheesy, saucy meal.

Enjoy!

Picture on Instagram: http://instagram.com/p/jwZDCGK4yi/


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hardees Jalapeno Burger

Ingredients Mince Meat 300 gm Salt 1 tsp B. Pepper 1 tsp Paprika ½ tsp Mustard Powder ½ tsp Oregano ½ tsp Thyme ½ tsp Ginger Garlic Paste 1 tsp Bread Crumbs 1 cup Cream 3 tbsp Egg ½ (beaten) Oil (for frying) 2-3 tbsp Burger Buns 3 Iceberg Lettuce As needed Onion Rings As needed Tomato Rings As needed Cheese Slices 3 Jalapeno Peppers* As needed Thousand Island Sauce** As needed Method In a chopper, combine mince meat (unwashed, otherwise the patty will shrink while frying), salt, b. pepper, paprika, mustard powder, oregano, thyme, ginger garlic paste, bread crumbs, cream (or substitute with milk), half egg and run the chopper until mixed properly. Make patties. Take a grill pan and add oil. Fry the patties until well done. Toast the

Mango Chaat

I hate fruits. Yes, even mangoes. I mean... I'll eat mangoes, or lychee or pomegranate but only if force fed. Pls don't throw those eggs at me, it's not my fault. I was born like this. I think I'm missing an important piece in my brain/nervous system so pls. Stop with the judgy. That random HOW-DARE-YOU-EVEN-EXIST-YOU-HEATHEN tidbit aside, everyone else I know is insaaaaaane about mangoes. Thought I'd try this on poor innocent guests and the family loved it too. If you're a fruit person (of course you are), try it! ( Original recipe I took from @spicespoon's Instagram , adjusted it a little bit here). Ingredients 1 cup Mango (diced) 2 cups Chickpeas (boiled and cooled) 2 tbsp Tomato (finely diced) ½ Onion (finely diced) 6 Mint Leaves (julienned) Mint Leaves (for garnish) Dressing 4 lemons Lemon Juice 1 tsp Brown Sugar ½ tsp Salt ½ tsp Red Chilli Powder ¼ tsp Red Chilli Flakes Method: Combine all ingredients under 'dressing&#

Meat Lasagna with Red & White Sauce.

I've always been irritated with the lasagna recipes I find online. They use 10,000 kinds of cheese that I either don't like or can't buy here in Pakistan. And even if they were available, why would I spend thousands of rupees on something that won't even last one night? Okay, I know you foodies are probably having a heart attack while reading this but come on. You HAVE to be practical when you're cooking at home. So, I decided to try the local stuff. I mean, why the hell not? Only so much could go wrong. But oh. My. GOD . This turned out so well. This recipe is amazing. Seriously, if you're a meat lover like me who likes her pasta drowning in sauce, HAVE THIS. It's... just try it. I promise you, you'll love it. Ingredients                                             Meat Sauce Minced/ Ground Meat ½ kg Garlic 4 cloves Onion 1 (finely chopped) Salt ¼ tsp B. Pepper ¼ tsp