Skip to main content

Tangy Wings



All of us at home love chicken wings but someone hates buffalo sauce (me), some hate barbecue (how is this even possible, I ask you) and some are unhappy with honey mustard type things.

No, I didn't come combine all of these and make one magical sauce.

But I did do a lot of things... some of which I'm forgetting - I'm so so sorry. Please don't hurt me. Anyway, here:

Ingredients:

I used about 1 kg Chicken Wings  
2 cups                  Buttermilk*      

Flour Spice Mix

1 cup Flour
3 tbsp Cornflour
1 tsp Salt
2 tsp Red Chilli Powder
A pinch Oregano
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1 tsp Onion Powder
½ tsp Paprika
½ tsp White Pepper

Sauce

3 tbsp Butter
3 cloves (minced) Garlic
1 tsp   Red Chilli Flakes
½ tsp  Salt
2 tsp   Brown Sugar
½ cup Mustard
½ cup Chilli Garlic Sauce
¼ cup Chipotle**
¼ cup Habanero***
¼ cup Vinegar
2 tbsp Soya Sauce
¼ cup BBQ Sauce
¼ cup Sriracha
½ cup Warm Water

Method:

Wash chicken wings thoroughly and pat dry until all moisture is bye bye. Soak in buttermilk for an hour or two. You can take less time if you feel like, but I think the longer the better. Just do what feels best according to the time you have. I trust you, it's okay.

Mix all ingredients under flour spice mix in a deep bowl. Once the wings are done marinading, take them out and dredge properly in the flour mixture. Make sure you coat all sides.

Deep fry the wings on medium heat until crisp and golden from the outside. Set aside.

In a deep pan - preferably non stick - melt the butter. Add the garlic and fry until light golden.

In a separate bowl, mix together mustard, chilli garlic, chipotle, habanero, vinegar, soya, bbq and sriracha.

Add to the pan and stir fry for about 3-5 mins. Add salt, red chilli flakes, water and brown sugar. Mix well and your sauce is done. Add the wings to the hot sauce, toss and cover properly and I cannot stress this enough - SERVE IMMEDIATELY.

If you're planning on setting them aside to serve later, they'll become soggy and wet so please only fry and sauce the wings just before serving.

Once you're ready to serve, sprinkle some sesame seeds on top, add some chips on the side and you're good. Enjayez lein.

*Buttermilk: I made a substitute at home - added 1 tbsp vinegar to 2 cups of milk. You can Google and see if you want a separate recipe, this worked for me.

**Chipotle: I got mine locally (I think this brand called Dip It) but if you don't have it, no worries. Don't use it.

***Habanero: Can't find it? Use hot sauce or chilli sauce instead.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hardees Jalapeno Burger

Ingredients Mince Meat 300 gm Salt 1 tsp B. Pepper 1 tsp Paprika ½ tsp Mustard Powder ½ tsp Oregano ½ tsp Thyme ½ tsp Ginger Garlic Paste 1 tsp Bread Crumbs 1 cup Cream 3 tbsp Egg ½ (beaten) Oil (for frying) 2-3 tbsp Burger Buns 3 Iceberg Lettuce As needed Onion Rings As needed Tomato Rings As needed Cheese Slices 3 Jalapeno Peppers* As needed Thousand Island Sauce** As needed Method In a chopper, combine mince meat (unwashed, otherwise the patty will shrink while frying), salt, b. pepper, paprika, mustard powder, oregano, thyme, ginger garlic paste, bread crumbs, cream (or substitute with milk), half egg and run the chopper until mixed properly. Make patties. Take a grill pan and add oil. Fry the patties until well done. Toast the

Mango Chaat

I hate fruits. Yes, even mangoes. I mean... I'll eat mangoes, or lychee or pomegranate but only if force fed. Pls don't throw those eggs at me, it's not my fault. I was born like this. I think I'm missing an important piece in my brain/nervous system so pls. Stop with the judgy. That random HOW-DARE-YOU-EVEN-EXIST-YOU-HEATHEN tidbit aside, everyone else I know is insaaaaaane about mangoes. Thought I'd try this on poor innocent guests and the family loved it too. If you're a fruit person (of course you are), try it! ( Original recipe I took from @spicespoon's Instagram , adjusted it a little bit here). Ingredients 1 cup Mango (diced) 2 cups Chickpeas (boiled and cooled) 2 tbsp Tomato (finely diced) ½ Onion (finely diced) 6 Mint Leaves (julienned) Mint Leaves (for garnish) Dressing 4 lemons Lemon Juice 1 tsp Brown Sugar ½ tsp Salt ½ tsp Red Chilli Powder ¼ tsp Red Chilli Flakes Method: Combine all ingredients under 'dressing&#

Pita Bread Pizza.

Ingredients Chicken Breast 2 (cubed) Capsicum 1-2 (chopped) Onion 1-2  Olives As needed (chopped) Mozzarella Cheese For topping (grated) Cheddar Cheese For topping (grated) Chilli Garlic Sauce 2 tbsp Chilli Sauce 1 tbsp Pita Bread 1 pack (4 pieces) Butter For greasing Salt To taste Red Chillies To taste Oregano A pinch Peri Peri Sauce 1 tsp (optional) Method Fry chicken and add salt, red chillies, oregano and peri peri sauce. Take off heat once done. Finely chop the capsicum and olives; cut the onions in rings.  Spread a thin layer of butter on each pita bread and add chilli garlic sauce (2 tbsp each) + chilli sauce (1 tbsp). Add a thin layer of mozarella and cheddar cheese, chicken, onion rings, capsicum, olives and top it off with a thick layer of cheese. Grill for about 15-20